Thursday 3 May 2012

Soul of an engineer drenched in pur desir de pivoine

Peony gone missing!

Today, I did good. No modesty intended.
Whatever Yoga I've been doing to myself recently, it's working.
I've been sharing and giving and forgiving and smiling a lot more.
Today, I've put my electrical engineering skills (ha!) to good use and fixed a kid's laser pointer by taking it appart, identifying and sticking the two loose wires together. To make it last, I even insulated my repair since I had a piece of insulation tape around. (I usually use it for crafts!). At the end, the kid, mesmerised to see his Romanian language teacher taking appart and putting back together an electronic device, told me in the most sincere tone:
"Miss, you have the soul of an engineer!"
And that made me proud! Having a father which has been fixing my stuff all my life and having been in love with at least two guys who were crazy about electronics, I must say I am living up to expectations, right? And you said I couldn't be an engineer! (kidding!)

The second thing I am happy about today is that I looked for and found the English word for peony, and for a good cause. Today, peonies made a friend smile, and that's worth the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment