Tuesday 22 May 2012

About me...

For you, 
I wish I could've stayed pure a little longer, 
Unsoiled and white -
But when was I ever like that?

As a child, 
I knew God had to be out of thew way,
Otherwise I wouldn't be able to act
or say
All the things that would, later on, become me.

So you see, 
What I actually wish
Is for you to have met me, let's say,
twenty-five years ago.

It's that drastic, I know. 

Come to think of it, must be the only time
When I really didn't mean harm
Though I'm sure that I must have done some;

If only to those beautiful people
That I forced into becoming my parents

To the rabbits
I would love for a while 
And then feed on

To the puppets
I would opperate on,
Forcing them to change gender and race,
to wear grandma's pink ragged lace.

And to think,
This is was supposed to be a love letter
But it turned out like a therapy session-
I didn't even know I was so damaged- 
I was going to wish
I hadn't started smoking
Or dying my hair
Or loved so many men before you
Or other random things that have soiled me,
But my despair is clinical, I can see. 

I wasn't ever whiter than today, 
These are the nicest things I can say
About me
And the fact that I can actually tell you
This is no joyride that you're signing in to
Should be more than any other truths they can give you
About me.

No comments:

Post a Comment