Thursday 25 August 2011

Something I wrote in July 2006

You know,
my wonderfully wounded child
I have stepped in sharper shards then your heart
I can take it all
and my world is not going to fall
if you leap
and your pit is not that deep
I have fallen further before
But how can you know for sure
unless you scratch your own skin
to bleed all the pain out
and breathe it back in.

Now, what are you going to do?
There's no black or white in your eye
I can feel you.
It's all crumbling down, shades of grey.
And you've known it for a long time
It's what they all used to say -
The time has come when your skin doesn't fit
And all you can see is the pit.
Will you leap?

And you're sure there are safer ways to redemption
But that has nothing to do with you.
You have already wasted affection
On stuff that you needed to do,
On rules and restrictions and love,
On things that were meant to last longer,
Things meant to keep you above,
Pills and exercise to grow stronger.

But the time has come
When your shoes hurt our feet
And all you can smell is the pit,
you don't even know if it's steep,
but I'm sure you are willing to leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment